Kasten to Host Cloud-Native Data Management Day During KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2020
Co-located KubeCon NA event will highlight challenges and solutions in cloud-native data management on Tuesday, November 17, 2020
LOS ALTOS, Calif., - November 2, 2020 - Kasten by Veeam, the market leader for Kubernetes backup and disaster recovery, today announced that it will be hosting Cloud-Native Data Management Day, a co-located community event as part of this year’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America, on November 17, 2020 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
The event will bring together various stakeholders in the Kubernetes storage, application backup, and mobility community to discuss and share current challenges and solutions in cloud-native data management. Sessions and panels will focus on sharing customer journeys and spotlighting industry expertise across storage, data services, and backup vendors, offering practical knowledge sharing.
Agenda highlights include:
- State of State in the Cloud-Native Ecosystem featuring Erin A. Boyd, CNCF Storage SIG Chair and Software Engineer, Apple
- Beyond Kubernetes Storage: Cloud-Native Data Management featuring Enrico Signoretti, Senior Data Storage Analyst, GigaOm
- Essential Building Blocks of the Cloud-Native Data Stack featuring Danny Allan Chief Technology Officer, Veeam Software; Joe Fernandes, VP and GM, Core Cloud Platforms, Red Hat; Dave Strebel, Azure Global Architect - Open Source Cloud Development, Microsoft; and Gaurav Rishi, Head of Product, Kasten
- People and Cloud-Native Data Management: Change in Roles featuring Demetrius Malbrough, Founder, Data Protection Gumbo, and Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager, Puppet
- Stateful Serverless featuring Anshu Agarwal, CEO and Co-founder, Nimbella
- What Lies Ahead… featuring Madhura Maskasky, Co-founder and VP Product, Platform9 Systems; Madhuri Yechuri, Founder and CEO, Elotl; Sam Ramji, Chief Strategy Officer, DataStax; Suresh Somasundaram, Head of 5G Platform and Cloud Engineering, Mavenir; and Vaibhav Kamra, Chief Technology Officer, Kasten.
Open and closing remarks will be made by Niraj Tolia, President and General Manager, Kasten. Cloud-Native Data Management Day will also include several real world case studies that highlight best practices, tips and advice for cloud-native backup and recovery, multi-cloud data management, and integrating DevSecOps and data management in AWS environments.
Kasten is the leader in Kubernetes backup and disaster recovery. Kasten helps enterprises overcome Day 2 data management challenges to confidently run applications on Kubernetes. Kasten K10, a data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity. Kasten, an independent Kubernetes Business Unit within Veeam, has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information, visit www.kasten.io or follow @kastenhq