Kubernetes Backup and Application Portability
This paper covers the following:
- The ongoing adoption of containers and Kubernetes and the growing trend of stateful applications being built on containers.
- How Kubernetes impacts day-to-day operations and the challenges it introduces to maintaining a backup and DR strategy that supports application portability.
- The importance of aligning cloud-native applications with a cloud-native and application-centric approach to data management.
- The need for common, policy-based protections for critical applications and data.
- The importance of application-awareness in protecting stateful applications.