Kasten K10 by Veeam adds support for Kubernetes applications on AWS and on premises via AWS Marketplace for Containers Anywhere!
When it comes to enterprise computing environments, the landscape has changed significantly over the past couple of years. Today, 82% of large enterprises have adopted a hybrid cloud infrastructure. Additionally, containerized workloads are becoming the norm, with Kubernetes in the lead. According to a recent report by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), more than 90% of survey respondents used Kubernetes in 2020, an increase of 33% over the previous two years.
At the same time, ransomware and other cyber threats continue to pose significant risk to organizations. There were 304 million ransomware attacks worldwide in 2020 alone, representing a 62% increase from the previous year. In fact, a ransomware attack occurs every 11 seconds — and Kubernetes workloads are just as susceptible as traditional applications.
The combination of these trends — the popularity of hybrid environments and Kubernetes, and the increasing risk of a ransomware attack — has led to an urgent need to deploy and operate cloud-native backup and recovery solutions for Kubernetes workloads across diverse deployment architectures.
At Kasten by Veeam, our goal is to meet the Kubernetes data protection needs of enterprises as their needs evolve. To that end, we are delighted to announce that we’ve integrated our market-leading Kubernetes application backup and mobility solution, Kasten K10, with AWS Marketplace for Containers Anywhere. As a launch partner, this integration enables hybrid AWS users to now have access to a seamless purchase and licensing experience through the AWS Marketplace for Kasten K10. Why is this important? Because enterprises now have streamlined access via the AWS Marketplace to Kasten K10, for protecting Kubernetes workloads wherever they reside — on premises or in the cloud.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of this integration:
- Easy procurement and flexible license management: Enterprises can now enjoy a simplified install of Kasten K10 on the AWS Marketplace. They can take advantage of flexible trial and procurement options that include a full-featured free edition, or choose from pay-as-you-go metered, term length and portable BYO licenses. With the support of the AWS Marketplace for Containers Anywhere, the Kasten K10 listing for hybrid deployments includes support for on-premises clusters with upstream Kubernetes in addition to clusters on the AWS cloud. This latest integration unleashes a range of benefits including:
- Deploy Anywhere: Deploy Kasten K10 on Amazon EKS, on-premises environments using EKS Anywhere, or any customer self-managed Kubernetes clusters in on-premises environments or in EC2
- License Portability: Flexibly consume Kasten K10 between on-premises and AWS Kubernetes environments using the same license
- Enhanced Security: All applications listed on AWS Marketplace are vulnerability scanned for CVEs. Additionally, Kasten was also a launch partner for Bottlerocket, Built by AWS, Bottlerocket is a free and open-source Linux-based OS focused on security and maintainability, providing a reliable, consistent, and safe platform for container-based workloads that can also be used with Amazon Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS-Anywhere.
- Transaction Benefits: Transacting via the AWS Marketplace provides consolidated billing, flexible payment options and discounted pricing for long-term contracts
- Simple, reliable, AWS-integrated backup and recovery: Purpose-built for Kubernetes, Kasten K10 can be deployed in minutes within Amazon EKS or Amazon EKS Anywhere. The solution’s application-centric approach and deep integrations with the most popular relational and NoSQL databases and storage systems provide backup and restore of entire Kubernetes applications. The solution also integrates seamlessly with several AWS services, including Amazon EBS, Amazon RDS and IAM, providing exceptional operational simplicity.
- Complete ransomware protection with Amazon S3 object lock integrations: Enterprises can use a common Amazon S3 target to reliably store all on-premises and cloud-native EKS backups. Using Amazon S3 object-lock technology, Kasten K10 can ensure data availability against ransomware and insider-threats.
- Powerful application mobility and disaster recovery across environments: Kasten K10 makes it easy to move applications across EKS clusters on-premises, on cloud infrastructure and across AWS regions. The solution supports a variety of use cases, including Test/Dev, performance and scalability testing, and even full cluster DR.
To take advantage of the benefits of cloud-native application development in Kubernetes — including feature velocity and productivity — reliable backup and recovery is essential. Not only is it necessary for regulatory compliance, but it’s the last line of defense in an increasingly hostile cyber environment. Our integration with AWS Marketplace for Containers Anywhere will help organizations address this challenge, helping them optimize their Kubernetes investments and supporting their evolution to hybrid computing environments.
Learn More and Try Kasten K10 for Free
During a breakout session at AWS re:Invent at the Venetian, room Murano 3306 in Las Vegas on Tuesday, November 30 at 11:00 a.m., I’ll be discussing how Kasten K10 runs on AWS and works with several AWS services to help DevOps teams create policy-based automation and achieve desired levels of consistency. I’ll also cover in detail how the solution provides ransomware protection for Kubernetes applications. Registration is free, here.
Hope to see you at AWS re:Invent!
Cloud-Native Data Management: Layers of Operation
Kubernetes Migration and Backup for OpenShift
Kubernetes MinIO: Secure Cloud-Native Backups at Scale with Kasten K10
Kasten’s Next Chapter: Joining Forces with Veeam
EKS Storage Protection and Mobility with Kasten K10 by Veeam
All CategoriesBackup Data Management Disaster Recovery Data Protection Community Partners/Ecosystem
Gaurav Rishi is the VP of Product and Partnerships at Kasten by Veeam. He is at the forefront of several Kubernetes ecosystem partnerships and has been a frequent speaker and author on cloud-native innovations. He previously led Strategy and Product Management for Cisco's Cloud Media Processing business. In addition to launching multiple products and growing them to >$100M in revenues, he was also instrumental in several M&A transactions. Gaurav is a computer science graduate and has an MBA from the Wharton School.
For information about Kasten K10
For information about Kasten K10, please send us a message using the form on this page, or email us at email@example.com
8800 Lyra Drive, Suite 450
Columbus, Ohio 43240
We value the critical role that the security community plays in helping us protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our software, services, and information. If you have information about security vulnerabilities that affect Kasten software, services, or information, please report it to us via our HackerOne Vulnerability Disclosure Program, or anonymously via this form.