Get ready...it's time to warm up for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU 2022 and Cloud Native Data Management Day EU 2022
According to recent CNCF research, 96% of organizations are either using or evaluating Kubernetes today. That percentage represents about 5.6 million developers. And as Kubernetes continues to move into the mainstream, organizations are adopting Kubernetes APIs and interfaces and leveraging cloud native services. All this tremendous growth and the trend toward continued Kubernetes adoption gives cloud native developers a lot to talk about.
To that end, the cloud native community will gather again for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, May 16-20, 2022. CNCF is going all out with 172 sessions, keynotes, lightning talks, and breakout sessions, both virtually and in-person in Valencia, Spain! Technologists and experts will come together to share knowledge and ideas around innovations in the cloud native space. The conference chairs – Twitter’s Jasmine James, Apple’s Emily Fox and CERN’s Ricardo Rocha – led a team of 98 experts and 36 track chairs. And after reviewing 1,187 submissions, they landed on 72 sessions that range from high-level content to technical deep dives. (Fees and registration information can be found here.)
One trend that’s top of mind for attendees is Kubernetes data protection. According to Veeam’s 2022 Data Protection Trends report, 40% of servers suffered at least one outage per year, and 42% of IT leaders consider hybrid‑cloud workload protection as the most important aspect of enterprise backup. About 20% of IT implementers say their choice of a backup solution will hinge on its ability to improve the reliability of RPO/RTO in 2022. Sustainability is also a key trend, as are the rising popularity of shift-left development strategies – the earlier in the development lifecycle that security, compliance, and data management can be integrated, the more effectively they’ll provide data protection and performance improvements.
With experts in all these areas, it’s no wonder Kasten by Veeam won’t just be showcasing our market-leading Kubernetes backup and recovery solution. We’re speaking, too – three times!
Prep Your Personal Agenda
What topics will we cover? Here’s a summary of three sessions where we’ll hit the stage (in order of appearance):
- “Supporting the Community – So Open Source Projects Can Grow and Thrive”: On Wednesday, May 18 at 10:15 CEST, Le Tran, a member of Kasten’s technical staff, will kick things off with a quick overview of Kasten’s journey to building an open source community, including the benefits and challenges that come with creating a contributing culture in an organization. Learn more.
- “K8s and Active Directory Can Be Friends! How to Use Dex to Bridge the Gap”: On the same day at 14:30 CEST, Onkar Bhat, Engineering Manager at Kasten, will guide attendees through the process of configuring the Dex LDAP connector, and demonstrate how to use Dex to authenticate access to a sample application. Learn more.
- “Seeing is Believing: Debugging with Ephemeral Containers”: Finally, at 11:55 CEST, Aaron Alpar, a member of Kasten’s technical staff, will explore the what, why and how of ephemeral containers, and the underlying mechanics that make ephemeral containers useful for debugging and testing. Learn more.
Engage with Us In-Person or Virtually
In addition to attending our sessions, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to engage with the team at Kasten, however you decide to join. Here’s how:
- In-person: Stop by our booth D1, in the Solutions Showcase to view live demos and in-booth theater sessions. You’ll be privy to a deep dive into Kasten K10 V5.0, the latest version of our leading solution for reliable backup/restore and DR of Kubernetes data and applications. Hear from our ecosystem partners and learn all about current open source projects impacting the Kubernetes developer community. And just for stopping by, you’ll have a chance to win some awesome prizes, including $20 gift cards, daily raffle prizes and a KCNA certification. While you’re there, pick up some free swag, too!
The fun doesn’t end at the end of the day, either. In-person attendees will be able to join us Thursday, May 19 at 18:30 - 21:30 an all-attendee party sponsored by Kasten and Snyk. You can also request to meet individually with the Kasten team.
- Virtually: Can’t attend in person? Find Kasten in the Solutions Showcase area on the virtual event site – we’re a Diamond Sponsor – and attend our live virtual booth office hours to watch live presentations, learn Kubernetes in hands-on labs, and watch demos of Kasten K10 data management platform. We’ve also commissioned a talented illustrator to draw caricatures of virtual attendees visiting our in-person booth. You’ll receive a free copy of the KCNA eBook by Nigel Poulton and have the opportunity to enter a daily raffle for prizes. Plus, when you join Learning.kasten.io and complete labs during the event, we’ll send you a $5 gift card for every lab completed, and award badges for learning real-world Kubernetes skills. Register here to get your free virtual all-access pass today
Join Us for Cloud Native Data Management Day!
Kasten is proud to again be a sponsor of the community event CNDM Day, a FREE hybrid event on Tuesday May 17, with lunch at 12:00 CEST and the program at 13:00 CEST. CNDM Day is a community initiative that brings together Kubernetes and cloud native data management enthusiasts – from CXOs to DevOps engineers – to discuss changing requirements for application developers in the cloud native world. You’ll hear case studies and learn best practices from some of the community’s most respected cloud native experts. Learn more and RSVP today!
Interested in seeing a personalized demo?
Take a coffee break and meet with us 1:1! Stop by Booth D1 to learn why Kasten K10 is the leading Kubernetes backup solution. Members of our technical staff will be available to give you a live demo, and our in-booth theater schedule is packed with presentations from our product team, engineering staff and partners.
We look forward to seeing you there!